Create your own (ring)tones
How do I make my own (ring)tones for my iPhone or iPad?
Step 1: convert wav to m4r
- Pick your favourite sound on Sounds4Email. Download the zip-file, extract and save it in a folder where you can easily find it..
- Now you have to convert it to a m4r-file. It's possible to do this via iTunes but this is a bit cumbersome.
- The easiest way is through a website or using a utility.
- Search at Google for "wav to m4r" and a variety of websites is presented where you can easily convert your wav-file. Download the new m4r-file.
Stap 2: transmit (ring)tone to iPhone or iPad
- Start iTunes and connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
- On the left in iTunes your iPhone/iPad appears. Select "Tones". A new window opens with tones you may have downloaded earlier.
- Select and copy your m4r-file, paste it in your "Tones" (right-click and "paste").
- The new tone now is installed. You will find it in your iPhone at Settings -> Sounds & Haptics. In your iPad it is at Settings -> Sounds.
- Now you can change your tones!